Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-ch- Changes: Growth in many directions

Four (yes, 4) years since I have posted to this blog. In a nutshell, these are the major changes since then:
1. Quit my job sewing awnings in a shop with very little climate control, and a built-in layoff for 6 months of the year.
2. Moved on to a better job with climate control, benefits, and a healthier paycheck. Yay me!
3. In the course of the 6-month layoff job, over 4 years, I gained 80 lbs. Being laid off in the winter sucks.
4. The Silver Streak piglet moved on-- it wasn't a distance bike. It did not have rubber bushings on the motor mounts, and every vibration went right up through my wrists to my neck. It was a fun bike and I will always remember it fondly.
5. The piglet was replaced with a Road King. More on this later.
6. I was officiall diagnosed with PTSD and later, fibromyalgia. Contrary to popular belief, neither was a life-ending event.
7. At 49 years old, with lots of roses, my loving children, 80 or so of our closest friends, Sweetie became Hubby--yup, we got married! Once upon a time, I said I would never do that again. Never say never.

So, what is this blog really about?
 Well, me, of course.
 How conceited.
 Not really.
If I want to keep the happiness I've found, I've got to share it.
So, the blog is about my experiences of change, riding the Silver Streak that isn't my first motorcycle. Time marches on. I really do have silver streaks now, not just a gray one here and there.
One day at a time, this is today's entry, more will be revealed.
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment